Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Red Sox, Bon Jovi OH MY!

Although most of my posts on this blog are about library stuff and children's lit, I do have to acknowledge some of my other passions here, well because, it' s my blog :)

Jen, from Jen Robinson's Book page reminded me that I haven't posted about another passion in my life - baseball - or more specifically, the Boston Red Sox, as of this moment, 12 days, 18 hours and 12 minutes until opening day - woohoo! Of course baseball season also means crazy scheduling in my house, I have 2 baseball players and baseball in the south, while professional loyalty is something almost unheard of (although Atlanta Braves fans for years have been telling me their PAIN of being a Braves fan - ah, lets just say Bucky F'ing Dent - Bill Buckner anyone? Don't talk to a Red Sox fan about PAIN) youth baseball in the south is an intense thing, even for my youngest son at the age of 6 - we have baseball practice almost every night of the week for one of my boys and games during the week and almost every Saturday. If I didn't love the game so much, I'm not sure I could survive youth baseball!

Another passion of mine - Jon Bon Jovi - ok, this has to do with the group Bon Jovi, but ah, lets just have a mental image of the man for a moment... ok that was nice --- they released a single today from their new album, Lost Highway, which won't be available until JUNE! You can hear the single(You Want) To Make a Memory here, but I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE to download - on a side note, I do LOVE their new song, but I have heard they won't be touring for this album - bummer, their live shows are AWESOME, brings me back to high school and big hair and the 80's (ok, I could do without the reminders of big hair!)

OK, I promise, back to regularly scheduled Library Stew tomorrow!

4 comments:

Jen Robinson said...

Red Sox fans definitely know pain. My sweetheart and I flew cross-country for the parade in 2004, and considered it completely and totally worth it.

Looking forward to the season! Go SOX!

Susan T. said...

Oh, yes, the wonderful Bill Buckner:) I was such a Mets fan that year: Ron Darling, Mookie Wilson, Jess Orozco, Lenny Dykstra...

Unknown said...

Ron Darling went to the all boys Catholic high school my brother went to, so it made for a more exciting series that year. Home town boy that we had to hate - LOL!

Jone said...

My aunt is a baseball fanatic, she's a Mets fan. And here, here to Jon Bon Jovi!! I recently heard im interviewed, what an interesting persn he is. (Posting from my other blog not my school one.)