Thursday, March 8, 2007

Mo Willems Doodles: HOT DOG! Fan Mail! (March edition)






Mo Willems Doodles: HOT DOG! Fan Mail! (March edition)

A few months ago I did a project with my Kindergarten and 1st grade students, I read Mo Willems Pigeon books (Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus and The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog) and then I had the kids come up with a NEW adventure for the pigeon and draw a picture about what the pigeon was going to do (or NOT going to do) next. Some of the kids came up with some GREAT things. I was going to send these to Mr. Willems, but the kids liked them So much that they wanted to take them home. SO I scanned a few in and printed them out and sent them to Mo.

Yesterday he posted some of his fan mail on his blog (see the link above) and 2 of my kids pictures made it in (my kids drawings are the 2nd pictures on the blog.)

I can't wait to show the kids next week what Mo thought about their pictures.

I think I might just have to challenge Mother Reader for being the biggest Mo Willems fan after this!


1 comment:

ElsKushner said...

That is so cool! Your students must be thrilled.