Monday, February 12, 2007

Pop Goes the Library: CJRLC Tech Challenge#links

Pop Goes the Library: CJRLC Tech Challenge#links

What a GREAT challenge - I wish I could do this for the teachers in my building! Many of the teachers in my school are technology challenged, they can do it, but either just don't want to or don't have the confidence to try something new. I have really tried in the 4 years I have been at this school to change their attitudes about technology, some teachers have gotten on board and some teachers never will until forced by the administration. oh well!

So far here is what I have done with the challenge:

1. Start a blog relating to your library interests; post once a month, including photos! check, I guess starting this blog last week qualifies!

2. Start a Flickr photo account. check, actually I had a flickr account for awhile (I had a blog about my family that I took down about a year ago) but I just re-established it.

3. Subscribe to an aggregator like bloglines and set up RSS feeds from blogs or websites. I have sort of done this, I set up an RSS account but really haven't figured out how to use it.

4. Read about Web 2.0 and Library 2.0; post some comments on your blog. I have read many things and even gone to a conference presentation about this, I will have to think about some comments to post about this in the future.

5. Learn to use at least one of the following: LibraryThing, Google Maps; De.licio.us; or Squidoo. I use Google maps and de.licio.us all the time, guess I will have to get familiar with the other two.

6. Teach someone else how to use one of the technologies described above! I plan on putting directions on setting up a de.licio.us account and adding it to your google homepage in my next newsleter to the teachers.

No comments: