Monday, September 1, 2008

Decatur Book Festival

My daughter Hannah and I made our 3rd annual trek to the Decatur Book festival yesterday - what a great time, I just wish I could have gone on Saturday!

We first saw Doreen Cronin, author of Click Clack Moo and others - and we got to buy her newest book  Thump Quack Moo (which officially comes out on Tuesday)- Farmer Brown is back and he is busy getting ready for the Corn Maze and of course Duck has his hand in it too. She was very fun to hear and she has two adorable little girls that at one point wanted to join her on stage!

Then we watched fellow Atlanta blogger and now children's book author Laurel Snyder on a fantasy panel. We bought a copy of her new book Up and Down the Scratchy Mountain and she told my daughter that she was the first person that she signed this book for- pretty cool!

The last person we saw was another Atlanta author/blogger,  Deborah Wiles.  She is going to be a guest author at my school this year - and after seeing her, well, I am just SO excited!  She talked about her books, but she also talked about writing - something that I KNOW is going to get my students excited.  Her talk made me want to go right out and get myself a writers notebook and start writing my story.  I have a sign in my kitchen that says "Home is where Your Story Begins" and that could have been the title to her talk.



We left the festival hot and sweaty, full of YUMMY cinnamon kettle popcorn, but with lots of new books and for me lots of ideas to share with my students and teachers.


No comments: