Friday, September 19, 2008

Coleen Salley

As most of you know by now, author Coleen Salley passed away this week. I had the pleasure of being her very last school visit - and let me tell you, how lucky I was.

Many people who knew her better than I have posted tributes, here, here and here but I just wanted to reiterate the importance of author visits to schools.

When I announced to the staff about Coleen's passing so many people told me how touched they were by her visit her and how touched their students or their own children were. You can read about my adventure with Coleen here, and I will repeat, she is one person who made such an impression on me that I will remember our time together the rest of my life.

Coleen, I know you are up there in heaven having a drink and telling stories - thank you for making an impression on so many people!

No comments: