Thursday, May 29, 2008

Olivia hits the small screen

One of my favorite pig characters is about to hit the small screen, Ian Falconer's Olivia will be made into an animated TV series on Nickelodeon for the fall of 2009. I have a love hate relationship with kids TV - I love when a book character becomes a TV show but I hate when a TV show becomes a book (you will never see me buying Sponge Bob books for my media center, no matter how popular they are with the kids!)

I hope they incorporate the things that I love about Olivia - her appreciation for art (painting a Jackson Pollack), her panache for history (having a poster of Eleanor Roosevelt in her bedroom) and just being a creative little pig. I hope they choose someone FABULOUS to voice her!

I can't help but think - could a Pigeon show be far behind???

No comments: