Saturday, August 11, 2007

Whirlwind

It has been a whirlwind week getting the media center ready for the students on Monday, getting used to how things are done at my new school and meeting the HUGE staff at my new school. Everyone seems really nice and the school environment seems to be great, but it is frustrating for me to have to keep asking people their names, but hopefully by the end of the school year I will know most of them - I can't even imagine when the kids come in on Monday, 1100 names and faces to remember - YIKES!

I came across a video called Did You Know the other day that really makes you think. It was created by an educator in Colorado last year and he has updated it. The music is a little annoying, but the statistics are really amazing. As educators I think that we need to think about how different life is for our students than it was for us and how different their adult lives will be. The creator of the video explains why he made it at his blog, The FischBowl, I think it is one of those things that every educator should see before they head into school this year.

No comments: