Thursday, April 8, 2010

A student makes a plea to save her librarian!

I am on spring break this week, enjoying the beautiful weather here in Atlanta while also sneezing from all the pollen here (but it is raining here as I write this, hopefully washing away some of that icky yellow pollen that is covering EVERYTHING here). I am working today on my web 2.0 class (more on that in another post) but I came across this plea from an eighth grade student to keep her librarian on staff at her school. Author Mitali Perkins posted it on her blog and it is a must read.

The news lately seems to be such doom and gloom for our school systems, layoffs, furloughs, cut backs, it makes me worried as a school librarian, as a parent and as a citizen of the United States. I hope that our nation and our cities and towns can find a way to save our schools.

No comments: