Thursday, January 7, 2010

JFK & Twitter ?

I am so glad the main stream media (and it is funny, I wonder if we are not far from "main stream media" having a totally different meaning soon, and I am saying this also as a person whose husband works for a main stream media outlet) has seen that Twitter is not just for the living anymore!

This story in the Boston Globe lets us know that the JFK Library in Boston has a new Twitter stream (is that the right terminology?) to replay scenes from JFK's bid for the presidency 50 years ago! I can't wait to sign up!

I had an interesting conversation with a teacher the other day about Twitter - so many people think that it is just another social site, just for "the young" and I was trying to convince them that my Twitter activity is mainly of a professional nature (although most of my tweets lately have been about how darn COLD I am) and how much useful information I have gotten via twitter (not to mention PRIZES, I have won 3 Twitter contests this year!). If non-believers of Twitter realize that historic things like this are being put on Twitter maybe people will see the value, and dare I say it.. maybe even SCHOOLS would see how useful this would be... of course in my district, I am not holding my breath for that one!

No comments: