Sunday, October 7, 2007

Story Time: James Marshall

This is why I LOVE the kids lit blogger world! Susan at Chicken Spaghetti reminded me that the late author/illustrator James Marshall’s birthday is this week just as I was trying to decide what to read at story time this week with my Kindergarten and 1st grade students. SO today in preparation of reading a James Marshall story I stumbled upon some great sites about James and his life.

This site is maintained by his sister and includes some pictures of James and links to other sites about James Marshall and his work.

This site is SO cool. It is an archive from Horn Book with interviews of authors that appeared on NPR in 1986. In addition to the James Marshall interview, there are interviews with Robert McClosky, Rosemary Wells and a review of The Polar Express by a group of students in Wayland, Massachusetts.

1 comment:

Susan T. said...

Kathy, I love the banner. Is it new? Thanks for the James Marshall links. I only know him through his books, but I miss him.

I linked your post at C.S. Thank you!